ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2015 ArkansasVarsity.com Preseason Football Top 11's

A few tidbits......

I agree with all the #1's.
Nashville at #5 in class 4A a little surprising. I think they wind up in WMS in December.
Benton is #2 in 6A in my opinion until further notice. El Dorado has the burden of proof on them at the moment.
I would put GW at 3 and El Dorado at 4 for the time being.
That said, if El Dorado gets better quarterback play, they will run past everyone and return to the top of class 6A. Scott Reed had a bad taste in his mouth after last year's finish. I really look for that to be rectified.
I think 7A is Fayetteville, Bentonville, and then everyone else. The Tigers will not miss a beat despite Lunney Sr gone. Those two will meet again for the 7A championship.

I certainly believe that 7A is Fayetteville's to lose this year.
I feel the same way about Pine Bluff in 6A. On paper, they should run the table.
I think Pulaski Academy repeats in 5A.
Class 4A and 3A are the two toughest to gauge right now. There are a couple of "elite" teams in each classification, but there are also enough good teams who are capable of making late season runs.
Class 2A, well, on paper, should be between Junction City and Rison. Week two at Rison is going to tell a lot of that story, and I will be there.

Jonesboro is young and not deep this year. They have a three way battle for the qb spot, with Tyson Williams, AJ Aycock, and Tyler Darr all showing good things as they try to step in behind graduating All-State QB Carson Coats who will be walking on at ASU in the fall. They also are looking at Sophomore Colin Crawford to take over the kicking duties from Will Brandt who also graduated. I don't know much about his abilities to kick a oblong brown ball, but I have seen with my own eyes him put a soccer ball in the net, which sits on the back line of the endzone, all the way from the 45 yrd this past spring, but in the spring game that was held at end of spring practices he did not miss any of the PAT he took. His soccer coach has said that he has potential to be as good and possibly better than former Hurricane and current Red Wolf punter Luke Furguson. I will try to keep an update on things up here in NEA as the season progress.

Smackover is gonna be awfully hard to beat in 3A.

If Scott Reed gets Brad Holding in the state title game Reed will eat his lunch. Reed has outcoached Bolding in games that matter, including twice for the crown.

ADVERTISEMENT