Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
Reactions: mprose50
Some early thoughts on each bracket.

7A: I think last night's match up between Bryant and Conway may have been a preview to the Class 7A title game. Both teams are just on another level. Bentonville, Fayetteville, and North Little Rock will make it tough on some teams.

6A: A healthy Greenwood is scary to everyone in 6A. They showed that last night with their dominating win over Lake Hamilton. Benton and El Dorado are going to be tough as well.

5A: I think it comes down to just a few teams. Pulaski Academy, Nettleton, Wynne, Camden Fairview, Greenbrier, and White Hall. They seem to have just a little more than everyone else in their tanks.

4A: I think you have to take a hard look at Shiloh Christian, Warren, Stuttgart, Rivercrest, and Crossett as legitimate contenders.

3A: This classification may be as wide open as it has ever been. A lot of talented teams that are good enough to win it all. Hoxie, McGehee, Prescott, Charleston, Harding Academy and Booneville are the teams that I think it will ultimately come down to.

2A: I'm liking Fordyce, Magnet Cove, Clarendon, Dierks, Des Arc, Bigelow, Junction City and McCrory in this bracket. I believe either of these teams has what it takes to make a deep run.

8Man: Rector, Woodlawn, Strong, and Mountain Pine are teams I think everyone should keep their eyes on.

ADVERTISEMENT