ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas' top football programs over the past five years

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
What teams despite each conference has put the best records over the past five years? Here is a look at what the numbers show. Their five year record is indicated in addition to any state titles won during the same time period.

Harding Academy: 60-7 with one state title.
Greenwood: 60-8 with three state titles.
Bentonville: 59-5 with two state titles.
Pulaski Academy: 59-10 with one state title.
Junction City: 58-8 with three state titles.
El Dorado: 57-10 with three state titles.
Bearden: 57-11 with no state titles.
Charleston: 56-8 with one state title.
Fountain Lake: 56-15 with one state title.
Camden Fairview: 53-14 with one state title.
Carlisle: 52-12 with no state titles.
Prescott: 52-13 with no state titles.
Magnet Cove: 49-14 with no state titles.
Shiloh Christian: 49-15 with three state titles.
Glen Rose: 49-15 with one state title.
Nashville: 49-16 with no state titles.
Batesville: 48-14 with no state titles.
Stuttgart: 48-16 with one state title.
Pine Bluff: 48-17 with no state titles.
West Memphis: 47-11 with no state titles.
Magazine: 47-14 with one state title.
Rivercrest: 47-15 with one state title.
Springdale Har-Ber: 47-16 with one state title.
Booneville: 46-12 with no state titles.
Lake Hamilton: 46-19 with one state title.
Rison: 45-13 with no state titles.
Monticello: 44-16 with one state title.
Barton: 44-19 with no state titles.
Jonesboro: 43-16 with no state titles.
Earle: 43-17 with no state titles.

OTHER TEAMS OF INTEREST

Des Arc: 43-19 with no state titles.
FS Southside: 43-21 with no state titles.
East Poinsett County: 42-14 with no state titles.
Bryant: 41-17 with no state titles.
North Little Rock: 41-18 with no state titles.
Fayetteville: 41-20 with two state titles.
Warren: 40-19 with no state titles.

If I have made any mistakes and/or typo's in any of the win/loss records, please let me know by posting in this thread, or emailing Luke@ArkansasVarsity.com.

You can sign up for a FREE user name and chime in if you'd like by CLICKING HERE .If you already have a Rivals.com log in, you can use it to post as well.

Last edited:
This list is very intriguing and surprising to say the least. Greenwood is the winning-est "big school" in the state of Arkansas last five years. I find it quite hilarious that "big boy football" is outside the Top 30 with Southside, North Little Rock and Fayetteville

Numbers don't lie, and this just goes to show that the 7A truly is a watered down classification. Bentonville is the only 7A team in the Top 30, with NLR, Fayetteville, and the Confederates pulling up the rear.

How bad does it suck to be Bearden? All of those wins and no state titles. Now Rison is back, it will still probably be a while before Bearden makes another trip to the Rock.

Having seen Pulaski Academy play multiple times in person, I'd have to give it to the Bruins. They're fast, efficient, dominant in all aspects of the game, save special teams (which are not needed with them), and an incredible offense in both air and ground, I'd give it to them.

I was impressed with what I saw when they played in California early last year, even though they lost (ugh!) As far as Arkansas football goes, my vote goes to Pulaski Academy.

Im surprised to see des arc at #31. You can take all the 2A teams listed and have a pretty good start on a top 10 for this year.

Originally posted by Luke Matheson:
What teams despite each conference has put the best records over the past five years? Here is a look at what the numbers show. Their five year record is indicated in addition to any state titles won during the same time period.

Harding Academy: 60-7 with one state title.Greenwood: 60-8 with three state titles.Bentonville: 59-5 with two state titles.Pulaski Academy: 59-10 with one state title.Junction City: 58-8 with three state titles.El Dorado: 57-10 with three state titles.Bearden: 57-11 with no state titles.Charleston: 56-8 with one state title.Fountain Lake: 56-15 with one state title.Camden Fairview: 53-14 with one state title.Carlisle: 52-12 with no state titles.Prescott: 52-13 with no state titles.Magnet Cove: 49-14 with no state titles.Shiloh Christian: 49-15 with three state titles.Glen Rose: 49-15 with one state titles.Nashville: 49-16 with no state titles.Batesville: 48-14 with no state titles.Stuttgart: 48-16 with one state title.Pine Bluff: 48-17 with no state titles.West Memphis: 47-11 with no state titles.Magazine: 47-14 with one state title.Rivercrest: 47-15 with one state title.Springdale Har-Ber: 47-16 with one state title.Booneville: 46-12 with no state titles.Lake Hamilton: 46-19 with one state title.Rison: 45-13 with no state titles.Monticello: 44-16 with one state title.Barton: 44-19 with no state titles.Jonesboro: 43-16 with no state titles.Earle: 43-17 with no state titles.
OTHER TEAMS OF INTEREST

Des Arc: 43-19 with no state titles.
FS Southside: 43-21 with no state titles.
East Poinsett County: 42-14 with no state titles.
Bryant: 41-17 with no state titles.
North Little Rock: 41-18 with no state titles.
Fayetteville: 41-20 with two state titles.
Warren: 40-19 with no state titles.

If I have made any mistakes and/or typo's in any of the win/loss records, please let me know by posting in this thread, or emailing Luke@ArkansasVarsity.com.

You can sign up for a FREE user name and chime in if you'd like by CLICKING HERE .If you already have a Rivals.com log in, you can use it to post as well.

This post was edited on 7/2 6:28 PM by Luke Matheson
Thanks for the info

ADVERTISEMENT