Football Scott Neathery named AD at Benton

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
Neathery will be hiring a new head football coach per the release below:

As most people know, I have a passion for high school athletics. Over the last several years, I’ve had the honor to be the head football coach of a program that has become a respected power in Class 6A. In fact, our success on the field, our facilities, and the way we brand our program has become a great source of pride for the Benton School District. That’s quite a statement about our student athletes, our assistant coaches, our parents, and our programs supporters.

That’s why I’m so very excited to become the next Athletic Director for the Benton Panther Athletic Program. Replacing Coach Randy McFarlin is both an honor and a challenge. Although we will miss him, he will always be part of Panther Nation.

My goal in athletics has always been to have a positive impact on our young people and push them to give their very best at whatever they are doing. As Athletic Director, I will continue that role in a different capacity. We will continue to build our program to be a top tier program – not only in football – in all the team sports we offer.

There’s no doubt, I owe a lot to everyone associated with the Benton football family. We couldn’t have turned our program around without each person doing his or her part. We have a saying… “Tough times don’t last but tough guys do”. We build mentally tough student-athletes at Benton because it prepares them to succeed and compete in life. I love every player that I’ve coached and wish each of them the type of excellence in their personal lives that we tried to teach them on the football field. I can’t wait to see them become successful adults.

We will begin the process very soon to fill our head football coach vacancy. Although late in the hiring season, our program is at the level to attract the best talent in the state, as witnessed by the level of talent we have internally through our assistant coaches. I’m confident it will be a smooth transition and Panther Football will continue to be a powerful force in Class 6A.

http://bentonpantherfootball.com/2016/06/13/statement-from-coach-scott-neathery/

These late coaching changes are unprecedented, and this one is shocking considering the good team Benton looks to have this season. We will wait and see the direction Neathery goes for a new head coach. It is now official that all Saline County schools will have a new football coach for the 2016 season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT