ADVERTISEMENT

****PLEASE READ**** NEW PROFILE PAGE GUIDELINES

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
I've had a few emails from parents in regards to this already, so I need to address this on the site.

Rivals.com has changed the criteria for athlete profile pages. We can no longer build profiles for athletes unless we confirm legitimate division one interest.

I don't really like this because Arkansas has several D2 schools and I can do a lot of stories on those kids (and I still will), but I can no longer build them a profile page. I may look at other options that will be ArkansasVarsity.com hosted vs Rivals.com hosted though.

Here is an excerpt from Rivals.com in regards to profile pages.

Rivals.com Football Recruiting Database Guidelines

Rivals.com has spent a great deal of time in development of its recruiting database. The end result is the most comprehensive and exciting leap forward in database technology available. There are more bells and whistles than ever before, more ways to do advanced searches and the system overall provides Rivals.com subscribers with a cleaner, more user-friendly system.

The new database also means quite a few new rules for the football recruiting database.

Some of these changes go against what you were taught from day one with the previous database guidelines, but with the new system there is greater freedom with profile pages, offer lists and to maximize those features new policy must be set in place.

This revision to the Rivals.com Recruiting Database Guidelines outlines those new rules.

Qualifications for database profile pages for HS publishers

The Rivals.com recruiting database is not intended to be a catch-all for all football players in your state. The exclusivity of the database is something Rivals takes great pride in and will do everything to uphold its integrity.

Only LEGITIMATE PROSPECTS should have profile pages.

You SHOULD NOT create profile pages for every single player that requests a profile page through your site.

If you sponsor a combine, you CANNOT advertise that all participants will receive Rivals.com profile pages.

If you sponsor a combine, you CANNOT use the Rivals.com database as a place to reveal results for every single participant.

If you want to release complete results from your combine, contact your publisher and one of them will help you get a combine results package put together when available to do so.

If you have a question as to whether or not a player is a legitimate D-I prospect or not, by all means ASK US. We cannot stress that enough. E-mail any of us on this list and we will be happy to help.

So, there it is. While we have a good 25-30 legitimate D1 kids per year in Arkansas, I may have to hold off on building pages on all of them until I know they either have an offer, or at least a legit chance to earn one soon.

As stated above, I will look into other options, to include possibly custom building an ArkansasVarsity.com Player Database.

Thank you,

Luke Matheson
Publisher
ArkansasVarsity.com

ADVERTISEMENT