ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Pine Bluff High Holiday Classic

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
Pine Bluff will host their annual Holiday Classic from December 27-29th. Games are as follows:

Tuesday December 27th

Clarendon vs McGehee at 5:00 pm
Pine Bluff vs Marvell following the first game.

Wednesday December 28th

McGehee vs Marvell at 5:00 pm
Pine Bluff vs Clarendon following the first game.

Thursday December 29th

Clarendon vs Monticello at 5:00 pm
Pine Bluff vs McGehee following the first game.

They have had various teams over the years. I know there's been discussion of trying to get a holiday basketball showcase in the Pine Bluff Convention Center as well.

I wish I had the funding behind me because I would make it happen if I could.

They have had various teams over the years. I know there's been discussion of trying to get a holiday basketball showcase in the Pine Bluff Convention Center as well.

I wish I had the funding behind me because I would make it happen if I could.

My mother-in-law is the Meeting & Convention Coordinator for the Pine Bluff Convention Center. She has helped me out before in getting things scheduled there. Granted, they were minor in comparison to what this type of tournament would bring in. If you need an inside scoop, I could be your guy! :)

I remember the King Cotton Classic basketball tournaments that they held there when I was growing up. We all know why that came to an end but I do believe that the city of Pine Bluff could see great benefit of trying to put together another classic such as the King Cotton Classic.

I remember the King Cotton classic they used to have at Pine Bluff. Some of the best teams in the nation played there.

ADVERTISEMENT