Football Updated 2018 Arkansas HSFB Playoff Brackets

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
7A THOUGHTS

The Bryant vs Fayetteville game this week is going to be a barn burner. That very well may be where I end up on Friday night. North Little Rock vs Southside and Bentonville vs Northside will be good as well.

6A THOUGHTS

Greenwood and Searcy will be a good one, and how about Sylvan Hills with their upset victory over Russellville last night? They might just be able to keep it rolling against Marion. West Memphis and Pine Bluff should be the 6A Game of the Week. Either one of those teams could win that one. Benton and Jonesboro is going to be a good one as well. The 6A bracket is very well balanced this year.

5A THOUGHTS

A couple of games that jump right out to me at Pulaski Academy vs McClellan and Texarkana vs Little Rock Christian. That Wynne and Harrison game should be a barn burner just as well, and Blytheville and Morrilton should be a fun game to watch.

4A THOUGHTS

Robinson vs Hamburg will be a good one to keep an eye on, as will Dumas vs Helena-West Helena. We also have a rematch of last year's Class 4A state title game as Warren goes against Arkadelphia. Stuttgart and Dardanelle should be a really good one as well as Nashville and Bauxite. I think Shiloh Christian rolls past Mena. In fact, I think the Saints have what it takes to legitimately compete for a title.

3A THOUGHTS

The first game that jumps out to me is Rison vs Mayflower. The winner of this one very well may ride right on to War Memorial. Glen Rose vs Camden Harmony Grove is going to be a barn burner as will Clinton vs Prescott. Newport vs McGehee should be a fun one to watch as well.

2A THOUGHTS

Foreman and Magazine should be a great game, as will Salem and Earle. I believe Junction City will roll over Mountainburg (talk about a drive for Mountainburg!). That Mountain Pine vs Des Arc game may be the Game of the Week for 2A. Hector and Mount Ida will be an intriguing match up, while Conway Christian and Fordyce should be a competitive game. Hasen and Gurdon will be a fun one to keep an eye on, while Hampton and Mineral Springs should be another barn burner.

ADVERTISEMENT