ADVERTISEMENT

North Little Rock forfeits wins in two sports.

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
The following press release is courtesy of the Arkansas Activities Association in regards to the North Little Rock situation.

North Little Rock High School notified the Arkansas Activities Association on Thursday that it was forfeiting all of its varsity football wins and varsity boys' basketball wins during the 2013-2014 school year in which an ineligible player participated.

The forfeit includes 10 wins from the 2013 football season, and at least 24 wins from what was considered a state championship season of 26-2. North Little Rock also surrendered the 2014 Class 7A boys state basketball championship trophy to the AAA.

"We are grateful to North Little Rock High School for its integrity and honesty while dealing with a sensitive issue," AAA executive director Lance Taylor said. The district self-reported what is considered a violation of AAA rules and took immediate action. The AAA agrees that a violation occurred.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

This post was edited on 2/5 6:38 PM by Luke Matheson

Something leads me to believe, this is the just surface of a nasty mess that is going to end up hurting a lot of people involved. From Coaches to Kids to Boosters and Administrators. Once the FOIAs are enacted the poop is going to start flying around the place.

I hope my friends in Greenwood pay close attention to this situation in North Little Rock. This is what happens when you have Boosters/Athletic Clubs/Foundations, etc and let them stick their noses where it doesn't belong and create problems for you that have longer term effects than short term success.

Originally posted by gatecrasherfan:
So who was the ineligible player, and what does this have to do with Bolding getting fired?
On the surface 99.99% looks to be K.J. Hill, alot of it right now is just the rumors floating out there. What is even more ironic is right now on the right of the screen on this message board is an Ohio State Jersey LOL

Luke, thanks for stepping out there and sharing what you know.

This post was edited on 2/5 6:17 PM by BOSSHOGFREE

They probably ought to do a little more looking. KJ wasn't the only one to transfer in to NLR in the last few years.

Here's a release from North Little Rock. Click to enlarge.

1652765.jpg

This morning I sent in FOI requests to NLR. I have requested all publicly available financial documents, emails from key players in the athletic department which are on the school servers, and a few other items.

Quite frankly, I am looking into the misappropriation of funds issue. I've been told by people that there is allegedly money missing from other programs besides football as well. I say allegedly because I have no proof, but that is why I sent in the FOI.

Here's my personal opinion: Even if Bolding was involved with bad money deals, someone else was too. There's not one head coach in this state who has total control over money. They all have someone above them who has to approve spending because the coach isn't the one who will cut the checks to make payments.

If there are accounts out there which have not been paid on, I want to know what they are, who approved the spending, and why those accounts are not being paid.

I'm not trying to implicate anyone, not even Brad Bolding, but if money is missing and accounts are not being paid, then someone is responsible. Considering this is a public school, the public has the right to know, and certain items must be turned over once they have been FOI'd.

I am obviously not telling everything that I know, nor everything that I'm looking into, but this is the main thing that I'm going after this morning.

I hope to get us all some answers, regardless of who is right, who is wrong, etc.

The whole ordeal is ugly and bringing out the worst in everyone involved. Time will clear up any confusion and this will be resolved soon. The press has an obligation to report stories impartially. Most have done that up until now. Providing names and information shared from confidential sources with others for the purpose of defamation is, at best, unethical!

ADVERTISEMENT