ADVERTISEMENT

Week Six Early Thoughts

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
Here we are again. Another Friday night is gone, and some great games were played.. There were a few games and a few happenings that happened tonight that I would like to point out in the Week six early thoughts.

Congratulations to Watson Chapel head coach George Shelton on reaching 100 career victories! Coach Shelton is one of the most under-rated coaches in the state of Arkansas if you ask me. He has won everywhere he has coached, and most jobs he has taken have been patch-up and/or rebuilding jobs. Congratulations Coach Shelton!Speaking of 100 career victories, Greenwood head coach Rick Jones could hit the mark with a victory next Friday night..Shout out to the El Dorado Wildcats. They have really turned it on the past few weeks. ArkansasVarsity.com subscriber Gatecrasherfan was spot on when he said DO NOT count the Wildcats out. 6A looks to be a three-way race between El Dorado, Pine Bluff, and Greenwood.Bentonville continues to look solid. They are nationally ranked, and will be my favorite to win the Class 7A State Championship this year.Another good game to go watch next week will be Glen Rose at Fountain Lake.How about Bauxite earning their first conference victory in three years tonight with a 34-18 victory over Pulaski Robinson?Warren picked up another big win tonight. The Lumberjacks may be reaping the benefits of playing such a tough non-conference schedule.Shiloh Christian earned a much needed win tonight.Atkins picked up a big win over Charleston tonight.Bearden and Rison both picked up big wins tonight. Their game in two weeks should decide second place in the tough 8-2A conference. Both teams lost to Junction City who should end up as conference champion.Arkadelphia has looked good this year, but lost a tough one to CAC 7-0 tonight.The Sheridan Yellowjackets earned a victory tonight. I know the Yellowjacket faithful are proud of their boys tonight.White Hall is looking really good this year, and they are young. This team could be tough for a few years.While the lost another tough one tonight, Waldron was able to score double digits tonight. On the field victories like this will eventually turn into a scoreboard victory for coach Shane Davis' squad.Carlisle continues to roll. Many people, to include myself, was concerned they would fall off after losing star running back Bo Weddle to injury. They have proven us wrong.Prescott picked up a big victory over Fordyce tonight. These two teams will be tough come playoff time.Camden Fairview earned another shut-out tonight. This may be their year in Class 5A.How about England picking up a big, mercy rule victory tonight?Fayetteville picked up a big win tonight. The Purple Dogs need a big second half of the season to propel them into the playoffs.
That is it for now. If you have any thoughts, feel free to share them!

You can CLICK HERE to view the Week 6 scoreboard forum.

This post was edited on 10/6 12:22 AM by Luke Matheson

ADVERTISEMENT