Rivercrest vs Glen Rose
Harding Academy vs Danville
Prescott vs Lamar

CLASS 2A

Rison vs Hector
England vs Des Arc
McCrory vs Mt Ida
Hazen vs Conway Christian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is FREE to get a message board username on ArkanasasVarsity.com. CLICK HERE to get your FREE username, and join the conversation.

Class 6A is about the most consistent conference in the state, the Top 4 teams almost all year, we're the final Four teams in. Greenwood only had less than 350 yards total offense and still managed to dominate a Marion team that came in confident. Credit to the Greenwood kicker for coffin corner kicking on kickoffs, forcing Marion to start out on average on their own 14 yard line and thus ensuring Greenwood would flip the field starting at Marion 44 yard line all night. I watched some of the Benton / El Dorado game, Benton can't come into Greenwood playing like they did against El Dorado or they will quickly be blown out of the water. They are very undisciplined on defense and very vulnerable to a stout running game. The only conceivable way I see Benton beating Greenwood is if Greenwood beats it's own self with penalties and turnovers. Don't see that happening, Bulldogs return to the Rock 9th time in 20 years.

Jonesboro hosting Pine Bluff is intriguing, Pine Bluff is the one with all the pressure to do what they do and that is use athleticism and raw power to put their opponents away. Jonesboro struggled with an Airedale football team that Greenwood soundly handled, so I am quite interested about this one if Jonesboro could somehow pull the upset. They were in an offensive funk against Alma and not scoring their usual high amount of points. With that said, I still give the nod to the champ setting up for probably the best State Championship game this state has seen since Greenwood / Pulaski Academy in 2007

Greenwood 12-0 vs Pine Bluff 12-0

One team wants to establish a dynasty ... the other is padding it.

And how about Class 5A? Return of dominance to the Pulaski County areas in Ark HS Football?

ADVERTISEMENT