ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Is Bentonville The Best Ever?

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
There is a lot of talk about this year's Bentonville team compared to Springdale's 2005 team. Now granted, Bentonville doesn't have five major division one athletes, but they are running roughshod over any and everone who gets in their way.

They are also ranked #11 in the nation in this week's RivalsHigh.com Top 100.

With that being said, what do you think? Are they as good or better than the 2005 Springdale team?

Wanted to chime in from the national perspective.

Bentonville is looking very impressive and if it finishes undefeated will be in discussion for the Top 10 nationally but there is still a lot of football to be played.

Where the discussion (for me) is lost it that Springdale had some pretty huge wins over Evangel Christian and Jenks. Evangel won a state title and Jenks advaced a few round in the playoffs.

While the margins of victory between the two teams this season seem to be on pace to be very similar Bentonville will only be beating teams in Arkansas (and an okay Texas High team).

Has to be some credit given to major out-of-state wins and I would still put 2005 Springdale above 2011 Bentonville.

-DJ

Nice to get the national perspective from Dallas.

And I have to agree. Springdale '05 had more college talent on it than this Bentonville '11 team does. I also think you have to point to like Dallas did, the competition. Springdale absolutely destroyed Jenks and Evangel.

I'm a little biased, but I have to say that I think Springdale would win.

8 D1 kids on the Springdale team- 1 or 2 on Bentonville helps Springdale's cause too if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT