ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Pierre Strong talks recruiting

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
ArkansasVarsity.com recruiting analyst Jason Kilburn caught up with LR McClellan RB Pierre Strong recently to talk recruiting, and offer from UCA, and more.

jnsg3aphsiubrvvxdkdd

Little Rock McClellan (AR) running back Pierre Strong had a breakout junior year. The talented athlete carried the Lions to the Arkansas 5A State Championship game while rushing for 2,345 yards with 32 touchdowns. Along the way he picked up All-Conference and All-State honors, while maintaining a 3.1 GPA in the classroom.

The success on the field has caught the attention of several college football programs. Strong is receiving interest from Arkansas, Memphis, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma State, Boise State and Arkansas State. He recently picked up his first Division One offer from Central Arkansas while he was on an unofficial visit to their campus for the spring game.

“We were first watching a highlight video and Coach Campbell called me to the back, they told me and my mom that I had a full scholarship to go there. It made me feel good,” said Strong. “My first offer being a D-1 school, it’s close to home and I really enjoyed it.”

“I like it a lot because they have one of the few fields like that, a beautiful field. The coaching staff, I like what they were saying,” he added. “If he (RB Coach Warner) recruits you, you are going to have a chance to play and to give you an opportunity to make the best of it.”

Strong has already took a visit to Kansas for their Junior Day, he liked the time that he spent there.

“I really enjoyed that one. They treated me like they really wanted me. They told us about the football team,” Strong said. “They showed us the fitness room. I met the new running back Coach, Coach Hull, I ate and go to sit down with him.”

Strong will have a busy summer as he visits college campuses as well as participating in camps.

“I’m going to visit Memphis again and Arkansas,” said Strong. “I’m going to the Oklahoma State camp. Boise State invited me to a Junior Day but I’m not going to the Junior Day, I’m going to a camp in the summer. I’m basically visiting all the schools that are interested in me.”

Strong recently competed at the Nike Opening in Dallas. He performed well against some of the best players of the south. He finished the event with an overall rating of 96.99.

“I performed good but it was my 40, I wish I could redo it and my vertical. I know that I can do better than that,” Strong added. “I did better at other combines. It was my first year going to Dallas so I was a little nervous because of the people.”

When Strong is not going to colleges or camps, he will continue working on being a more complete running back. He has set some lofty goals for the summer and his senior season.

“One goal is to break the Arkansas record for yards. I’m going to try and break that,” said Strong. “I would like to get a 4.4 or break a 4.3 but it will be hard. I want to maintain the speed I have but I’m trying to gain more weight. I played at 182 last year and I’m up to 192 already. I’m trying to at least get to 205. Instead of juking and going around people, run through them and run them over.”

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News