ADVERTISEMENT

Frank's way too early football projections

FrankJohnson

Jr. High
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2009
I'm itching to talk about some football so here are my way too early projections for 2017.

7A: I like Fayetteville, North Little Rock, and Har-Ber to be the favorites. Fayetteville with Billy Dawson will be fun to watch. I think North Little Rock is very close to handling their business. It may be a mindset thing. Never count out Har-Ber with Chris Wood.

6A: I like Greenwood, Jonesboro, and Pine Bluff. I would like to add El Dorado to this mix, but will they have a QB capable of getting the job done? Greenwood is simply Greenwood, and Jonesboro always seems to be right there. Pine Bluff has some studs that will do big things if they can get it all together.

5A: Pulaski Academy gets four in a row, but Wynne and Sylvan Hills are going to be tough.

4A: I'm going to say Warren and Nashville will battle it out again. Don't count out Shiloh Christian this year either.

3A: I think Glen Rose may make some noise, but Harding Academy will be right there as well. What will Rivercrest have? They are always tough. Let's not forget Junction City. Will Steven Jones be able to do big things in year one?

2A: This one will be tough to project. What will Des Arc, Rison, Smackover, Bearden, Mt Ida, and some of the other big dogs have this year? We know Hampton will fall off, they are losing everyone.

Reactions: Luke Matheson
Well, you are certainly early, Frank! You have listed some of the traditionally rich teams in nearly every classification, that's for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is FREE to get a message board username on ArkanasasVarsity.com. CLICK HERE to get your FREE username, and join the conversation.

Frank, you pointed out North Little Rock. They are certainly a team I will have my eyes on this year. They were capable of getting it done last year, and Jamie Mitchell is trying to do things the right way. I honestly thought they had some bad calls go against them in the title game, but I'm not sure if that is what caused them to lose the game. If they can keep it together and build off of that, they may be a force to be reckoned with this year.

ADVERTISEMENT