ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone see Luke pwn another sports writer on twitter?

LRHogMan

Jr. High
Jan 19, 2009
Earlier in the week one of the guys who writes for the democrat was on twitter complaining about hootens disrespecting Lincoln by not ranking them higher because they were undefeated. Luke told the guy to be patient, and he would see that hootens knows what they are talking about when it comes to their rankings. (I thought it was a stand up job by Luke giving a competitor props). The guy wanted to argue with Luke and lo and behold Lincoln went down last night lol. I think the guy just moved to Arkansas because Luke told him that after he is in the state for a while he would learn who the traditional powerhouse teams are who can be legitimate year in and year out and who cant.

I didn't view it as my pwning the guy at all. He is a good guy. I was just giving my opinion that there are reasons some undefeated teams are not ranked as highly as others.

When I rank teams, I consider the competition they are playing against, and the history of that team. Do they always start off strong then end up fading out when they play tougher competition, things like that.

As with Lincoln, they have started off really well, but if history holds true, they will not be a Top 10 contender IMHO.

I had a feeling Lincoln would eventually fall but give credit to Brad Harris, their head coach. Lincoln had won just three games in the previous three seasons and last made the playoffs in '95, when the late Kevin Johnson was their head coach.

For them to be 5-1 is easily my biggest surprise of the year and the future is bright. Their 9th graders won conference last season and a number of those players have made an immediate impact at the high school level.

ADVERTISEMENT