ADVERTISEMENT

Classifications Moves

Feb 2, 2017
I think it will be good for Texarkana to move done to the 5A because they have struggled in the 6A West with the 2016 State Champion Russellville and 2016 State Runner-Up Greenwood.
I think it will good for Fordyce to move down to the 2A because they started to struggle in the 3A. They might have chance to win a title but they will have to beat Hampton and Mount Ida.
I think Rison will have a problem in the 3A because they never made it past the Quarter-Finals back before they moved to the 2A in 2012.

Reactions: Luke Matheson
I think it will be good for Texarkana to move done to the 5A because they have struggled in the 6A West with the 2016 State Champion Russellville and 2016 State Runner-Up Greenwood.
I think it will good for Fordyce to move down to the 2A because they started to struggle in the 3A. They might have chance to win a title but they will have to beat Hampton and Mount Ida.
I think Rison will have a problem in the 3A because they never made it past the Quarter-Finals back before they moved to the 2A in 2012.

Texarkana could be a legitimate contender if Barry Norton can build the program the right way, that is for sure. Many I know believe that he can.

Greenwood is going to be interesting to watch because they are the smallest 6A school. Depending on how things go, they could potentially move back down to 5A after 2020.

I wasn't surprised to see Fordyce move down, nor to see Rison move up. Depending on what the conferences in 3A look like, Rison could be stuck in a very tough on if it ends up like I think it possibly could (Camden HG, Junction City, McGehee, Dollarway, Junction City, etc).

I look for Fordyce to take Rison's place in the 8-2A. They should be able to compete well there.

Barry Norton may be the biggest hire for any program this season. There will be growing pains, but this hire, I feel, will pay huge dividends. Whether he can build the program back "the right way" is not a question. The biggest challenge is getting the team to buy in to what it takes to be a winner. It's been a long, long time.
Rison moving to 3A is a tough chore. Anything less than a conference 2 seed in 3A puts a team in a very tough spot to go far in the playoffs.
Fordyce will do well in 2A. If they have the right talent in the next few years, they will compete well with teams like Mount Ida and Hampton. Don't be surprised if they show up at WMS in a few short years.

Barry Norton may be the biggest hire for any program this season. There will be growing pains, but this hire, I feel, will pay huge dividends. Whether he can build the program back "the right way" is not a question. The biggest challenge is getting the team to buy in to what it takes to be a winner. It's been a long, long time.
Rison moving to 3A is a tough chore. Anything less than a conference 2 seed in 3A puts a team in a very tough spot to go far in the playoffs.
Fordyce will do well in 2A. If they have the right talent in the next few years, they will compete well with teams like Mount Ida and Hampton. Don't be surprised if they show up at WMS in a few short years.

I'm going to be interested to see if Hampton was a one trick pony that caught lightning in a bottle, or are they building something significant there? I'm seeing and hearing a lot of people talk about them, but not mentioning Bearden who will give that conference a run for their money.

I suppose time will tell, but it's definitely something worth watching.

ADVERTISEMENT