ADVERTISEMENT

2013 Preseason Football Top 10 Rankings

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
It's that time of the year again! Time for ArkansasVarsity.com to release our preseason football rankings:

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1528945

Also, just FYI to anyone who is reading, you can sign up for a FREE user name and chime in if you'd like by CLICKING HERE. If you already have a Rivals.com log in, you can use it to post as well.

A couple of notes:

Fountain Lake is a top 3 team in 3A IMO. Lots of talent on that roster.
NLR will find a way to not win 7A despite all that talent on that team.
El Dorado is too high to begin the year IMO. However, we are gonna be huge up front on both sides of the football and will be rolling come Nov.

Am I missing something? I saw in 6A that El Dorado was ranked ahead of Greenwood. But in the overall state ranking, Greenwood was ranked ahead of El Dorado. How are these rankings figured?

They did that 2 yrs ago after Mark Makin graduated. Went to more of a passing offense. Did just fine.
The Cobras should have beaten Harding Academy in last year's semifinals. Would not surprise me to see them win it all in their last year in 3A.

The 2A looks pretty good. Although Hazen is probably better than 10th, atleast until a big game or the playoffs roll around and they choke like normal.

Originally posted by gatecrasherfan:
They did that 2 yrs ago after Mark Makin graduated. Went to more of a passing offense. Did just fine.
The Cobras should have beaten Harding Academy in last year's semifinals. Would not surprise me to see them win it all in their last year in 3A.
I was told that there will be very little passing. The athletes are just not there from what I am told. They will have to rely on the run game this year.

Originally posted by pick_DA_EAGLES:
The 2A looks pretty good. Although Hazen is probably better than 10th, atleast until a big game or the playoffs roll around and they choke like normal.
I suppose you are pulling for Des Arc to be that team they lose to?
laugh.r191677.gif

I"m going to go back to what I said last month, and since those dolts on fearless friday want to complain about Warren not being ranked #1 in 4A, I'll address them first.

What has a Bo Hembree team done since the early 2000's to garner a preseason #1 spot? His teams are overrated and he is overrated. All of the talent he has and he can't get to Little Rock.

Now, as I said earlier in the summer.......

- North Little Rock better bring it this year. All of that talent and all of the smack talk they are doing, they better make it to WMS or Bolding may be known as one of the most overrated coaches ever.

- El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Lake Hamilton, Jonesboro, and Texarkana better man up. Greenwood make you all look like punks last year. I still can't believe a 5A team came up to 6A and ran roughshod over everyone.

- Camden Fairview better do that thing again this year. There is no Greenwood to beat you in the final two minutes.

- Warren, hey Bo, same for you as with Brad Bolding. Your teams make you look overrated as a coach.

- 3A, who is going to stop Harding Academy? Glen Blows sure couldnt do it.

-2A will be Junction City's b..well, you know what I'm saying. The rest of 2A better hope and pray Bearden or Rison knocks the Dragons off because no one else will stand a chance.

Well, we are known too. Only have to go back to last year for the last time des arc beat them, that defeat cost hazen an outright conference title. Go Eagles!

About Warren being ranked number two instead of number one in Class 4A. I'm waiting to see how they do in their non-conference schedule. Yes, they have a ton of talent, but I still want to see how they look in the first three weeks. That is a three game stretch that they could go win-less in. However, if they win one or two of them, they will without a doubt be ranked number one in 4A.

I'm still not sure that Dollarway isn't going to be a sleeper team in 4A. They have a lot of talent, and Stuttgart could potentially do something big again this year. As far as Nashville goes, you NEVER count out a Billy Dawson coached team. Period.

Same thing with Bentonville in 7A. I want to see what they look like against Euless Trinity before ranking them much higher. I know I put NLR at the number one spot and they have a big game with South Panola, but I believe they can and will be South Panola. They also stand a very good chance at beating Lake Hamilton and Pine Bluff.

Anyone who can't understand why you are holding off on Warren is oblivious to reality. They are a constant underachiever.

Originally posted by pick_DA_EAGLES:
Well, we are known too. Only have to go back to last year for the last time des arc beat them, that defeat cost hazen an outright conference title. Go Eagles!
Des Arc might be a team to keep your eyes on in 2A. It is only a matter of time before they are back in full form.

I think Mayflower will be a tough team to beat this year in 3A. Even with the loss of the star safety, they have guys that are stepping up on defense while the offense will continue to roll.

Originally posted by Gallie12:
I think Mayflower will be a tough team to beat this year in 3A. Even with the loss of the star safety, they have guys that are stepping up on defense while the offense will continue to roll.
Mayflower is certainly a team to keep an eye on. They have done well this summer in 7-on-7.

I know there is a lot of chatter about Greenwood's QB situation, rest assured, there is always a plan in place with Rick Jones. The Streak is not in jeopardy as much as to what people think. Jabe will be ready to roll when the games really count come October/November.

Originally posted by -RD-:
I know there is a lot of chatter about Greenwood's QB situation, rest assured, there is always a plan in place with Rick Jones. The Streak is not in jeopardy as much as to what people think. Jabe will be ready to roll when the games really count come October/November.
There have been a few whispers that Greenwood has some banged up QB's right now. It will be interesting to see how it will play out in their first few games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT