ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after Week 7's games

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
There were a lot of really good games this week. There were a few that stood out to me though, and I believe the team's who won them did nothing less but send a statement against their opponents.

Watson Chapel over White Hall
Bryant over Greenwood
Lake Hamilton over El Dorado
Fayetteville's mercy rule of Har-Ber
Cross County over East Poinsett County
Junction City dominating Bearden
Jonesboro's domination of West Memphis
North Little Rock sending a message against Searcy
Dollarway over Hamburg
Benton Harmony Grove over Centerpoint

Speaking of Junction City, they are on a whole other level in Class 2A right now. My buddy Danny West did some number crunching, and the Dragons have a 33 game winning streak and have won their last five games by a combined score of 300-16. They won the state championship game last year 60-0 over Des Arc. I'm hearing some say Hazen could hang with them, but I would honestly have to see that to believe it. Nothing against Hazen, they are without a doubt a solid team, but Junction City is at a level beyond what any other Class 2A program is at right now.

Fayetteville is looking like a real contender for the Class 7A title right now. I like them and Bentonville along with North Little Rock.

Big games for next week:

Benton at Lake Hamilton
FS Southside at Springdale Har-Ber
El Dorado at Pine Bluff
Hope at Camden Fairview
DeQueen at HS Lakeside
Watson Chapel at Magnolia
Lonoke at CAC
Arkadelphia at Ashdown
Fountain Lake at Malvern
Dollarway at Star City
Warren at Monticello
Benton Harmony Grove at Prescott
Earle at East Poinsett County
Augusta at McCrory
Des Arc at Hazen
Bearden at Rison

Joining the ArkansasVarsity.com Community is FREE! If you are not registered, you can do so by CLICKING HERE. If you already have a Rivals.com log in, you can use it to post as well.

CLICK HERE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT'S SCORES

This time last year, I told you folks not to count out El Dorado. You see what happened.
Same song and dance.
As long as Scott Reed is the coach, you never count out the Wildcats.
Pretty sure after tonight the dual QB carousel that we've been using (John Sixby, Kawon Love) will be coming to an end. Love will be the man from here on out. I have never questioned any of Coach Reed's decisions but not settling on one QB messes with the continuity of the offense.
Too many mistakes tonight. It'll get fixed. It always does.

ADVERTISEMENT