ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you to everyone who came out to the 2014 ArkansasVarsity.com combine

Luke Matheson

ArkansasVarsity.com Hall of Famer
Staff
May 26, 2007
White Hall, Arkansas
arkansasvarsity.com
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who came out today.

I've had a few emails regarding how today went, and I wanted to address those here so everyone can read my explanation. I hope you all have a fun experience, but I must admit, I wasn't happy with how the day went.

I had some helpers who were not able to make it for whatever reason, and it put us behind on staff members. In turn, that put us behind on getting the event going at a speedy pace. After that, I found out the facility was double booked for the day. I had no control over that, and from what I understand, neither did the coaches at Little Rock Central. I was literally informed during the middle of the day that there was another event scheduled for the stadium. I thought I would have the stadium all day long, or at least until the full event ran it's course. Instead, there was a semi-pro football game scheduled for today as well.

I am grateful for Coach Scooter Register and Coach Kenny Stephens helping me to get the combine at their place this year. They went above and beyond to help make this year's event happen. I do not fault them one bit in this matter.

I do take responsibility for not having enough staff members at the event. The guys who were there to help me did an excellent job, and I appreciate them. I will do my best to make sure we have a full staff next year, and make it a better experience for everyone involved. I will also do my best to make sure next year's venue is not double booked so we can do the entire event.

The athletes performed well today. I saw some overcome in several area's, and was proud for those who set new benchmarks for themselves.

I will begin publishing results on Monday. I will take tonight and tomorrow to begin going through them all, and getting them in order.

Thank you again for coming out today, and I apologize again that we did not get to have the workout portions and 7-on-7 events. I'm just as disappointed as everyone else.

Anyone who would like to respond can sign up for a free username by CLICKING HERE, or email me at Luke@ArkansasVarsity.com.

Thank you,

Luke Matheson

This post was edited on 5/3 6:48 PM by Luke Matheson

S**t happens bro. Everything is a learning experience.

Next year hopefully no kids will have surgery and I won't be under the weather and I'll get my butt there on time.

I'm always grateful to be a part of this.

ADVERTISEMENT