ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2018 Classification Numbers Have Been Released

A few interesting notes that I see:

West Memphis is dropping back to 6A following the Bentonville split.

Jacksonville is also moving to 6A

Alma and Parkview are dropping back to 5A

Booneville is moving back to 4A

West Fork bumps up to 4A

Junction City, Walnut Ridge, and Gurdon are all moving up to 3A

Newport is moving down to 3A

Lavaca drops to 2A

Camden Harmony Grove is going back to 2A

I'm checking a few more numbers and will update more in a bit...

Last edited:
West Memphis dropping to 6 is no shock to me I knew they were close to the threshold, that just means when we win against them it will start mattering towards state tournament and playoffs.

Cant believe Strong is down to less than 100 students. Junction will still compete for championships in 3A.

Bearden should have a chance to go far in 2A with Smackover and now JC up in 3A.

Surprised Parkers Chapel is down to 161 students, wasn't too many years ago they were in 3A.

Still crazy to see only 16 teams in 7A and 16 more in 6A, but it makes sense based on the size of the schools.

Cant believe Strong is down to less than 100 students. Junction will still compete for championships in 3A.

Bearden should have a chance to go far in 2A with Smackover and now JC up in 3A.

Surprised Parkers Chapel is down to 161 students, wasn't too many years ago they were in 3A.

Still crazy to see only 16 teams in 7A and 16 more in 6A, but it makes sense based on the size of the schools.

That Beardern vs Rison match up in 2016 just got that much bigger.

With Booneville moving back up, it will make the 4-4A that much stronger. IMO that conference has been underrated.

I wish PA and Catholic were in 6A - It would make the 5A more competitive and give Catholic a more level playing field

ADVERTISEMENT